Happy first day of Fall, everyone!
Last night, I went on a quick 4km run to test out my new shoes (more on that later!) and realized that I’ve managed to get into a bunch of new things in the past few months. I’m not really someone who gets that worked up over a failed goal, like how I didn’t get a PR at the Toronto Zoo Run, but I’ve found that setting a goal helps keep the motivation up!
Since it’s the first day of Fall, I thought I’d set some fitness goals to meet by the first day of Winter. I’ll do my best to do a Weekly Report on Tuesdays, too!
Running (3X a week)
- Weekly mileage of 20-25km with a 5-7-10 pattern
- Dream pace goal of 6’00″/km for 5K distance
- Realistic pace goal of 6’15″/km for 5K distance
- Dream pace goal of 6’20″/km for 7-10K distances
Rock Climbing (1X every other week)
- Work on 5.8 and 5.9 belay routes
- Work on V.1 bouldering routes
- Increase grip strength and more confident footwork
Parkour (1X every other week)
- Work on climb-ups with vertical wall (at least 1 good climb-up per session)
- Regain balance on rails
I don’t have any races or competitions coming up, so these goals are purely for personal gain. Now that I’ve written out my goals, I can see how quantifiable each sport can be. Running has so much data involved with all the distances, pace times and even shoe mileage! Rock climbing still has some data that you can measure, like the difficulty levels (5.8 and V.1, for example), and it’s possible to measure grip strength with certain tools. Parkour has almost no measurable features to it whatsoever, except for height!
Do you have any fitness goals for the Fall? I’d love to hear them!